30/04/2018

EA8/GC-006 (Tamadaba)




I followed the same track as OE5EEP, so I didn't record one. His track is here :
https://www.sotamaps.org/tracks/summit/EA8/GC-006

It took me more than 2 hours to drive from Gàldar to the parking spot at Casa Forestal.
There were preparations for a rally the next weekend, and many roads were blocked, and deviations not always indicated very clearly ... so with a lot of delay I could start the ascent to Tamadaba.
Heinz OE5EEP describes it as a "family friendly tour" ...
Maybe all the delay had put me in a bad mood, or was it the rather chilly 7°C, but I don't agree with Heinz, I found it quite a long and tiresome walk ...
Of course, the nice views compensate for the effort one has to make !



Anyway, about one hour later I could find a spot to setup , on a pile of rocks that looked like the highest point. In 90 minutes, I made 24 QSO's, including 5 S2S, so not a bad result at all.
My mood was already better as you can see, hi.




Descending from Tamadaba, my mood suddenly cleared up even more, by this wonderful view : the peak of El Teide on Tenerife, with some snow patches clearly visible. One day I should go there to activate ...


After this summit, I took a couple of days rest without SOTA.
I did some real "tourist" stuff, like visiting the museum of "Cueva Pintada" in Gáldar, the lighthouse "Faro de Punta Sardina, and of course I had to go to beach too ... I enjoyed the nice beach at Sardina del Norte, which has free parking (not the case in many other places).

After that, I had to drive all around the island, to my final AirBnb stop in Los Caideros near Arguineguín, on the South coast of Gran Canaria. There I took some more "vacation" , but still had two more summits on my list ...

Next summit

or

Back to overview

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.