10/05/2017

EA6/MA-048 (Fumat)

10/May/2017    EA6/MA-048 (Fumat)

Start of track ... summit in the distance

This summit is one of those that are well documented by Phil, G4OBK on his blog :
http://catterblog.blogspot.be/2015/04/ea6ma-048-fumat-sota-activation.html

So I parked my car on the same spot, just after the tunnel at 39.950012, 3.180236

Then walking along the road away from the tunnel, find the entrance to the path at a sign that says "Finca Cala Murta".
The path is straight at first, then becomes a zig-zag donkey track, that can be shortened by several shortcuts. The final ascent to the summit is guided by several "stone men".

Stone men orientation 101


Fixing my fishing pole to the trig point was easy, using some bungee cords. 

Fixing the pole


A rather cold wind on the summit made me forget it was mid May ...

Brrrr ... cold wind ... me not like !

Here a map of my QSO's (from Log2Map by ON6ZQ):



After another succesful activation, I drove the road to the end to visit the Far de Formentor, and then it was time for a second (and easy) summit that day.

ON7DQ at Far de Formentor
(to be continued ... )

No comments:

Post a Comment

All reactions will be moderated. Publicity or links to other sites are not allowed.